Friday, May 12, 2006

Passing the time.

R came home last Friday and said, "Come on honey, we're going out on the town!" "haha." I replied flatly. He then proceeded to open the window, make a palette on the roof with blankets and pillows and got me outside! We sat out there drinking beer, mine non-alcoholic of course, damn, and watched the sun set.

Then on Saturday I was feeling a bit blue again...and R brought over the laptop with iTunes open. He had emailed tons of people, some of which he had to do some sluething to find email addresses for, and asked them to pick one song for me to listen to while in bed. I now have a very personal bed rest playlist. It was so overwhelming. The songs are all over the place and that's the best part of it. Some are hilarious and some are very fitting to my situation...'I Like Big Butts' by Sir Mix-a-Lot, Lay, Lady, Lady by Bob Dylan. Mr. Sticking point stepped up and helped R with finding some of the songs. Thanks T! Lots of tears and lots of laughs and it was just what I needed.

I think I might have the BEST husband ev-ah.

My father-in-law is sending little watercolor paintings in the mail. The first one is of their garden, no flowers yet. The caption says "Monday May 8th, The seeds are planted. Now we wait 118 days." I think R learned sweetness from the master.

So the days are ticking along...I'll be 24 weeks on Sunday.
TWENTY FOUR WEEKS!
Can't believe it really. Belly getting big, baby kicking hard.
So far all is well.

p.s. two reasons to rethink that face lift from my morning tv viewing...
Barry Manilow on the Today Show.
Kenny Rogers on Martha Stewart.

p.s.s. wtf was Kenny Rogers doing on Martha Stewart anyway?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HaHa! I saw Kenny on American Idol and thought WTF? That can't be Kenny! Major moulah on some surgery dude. Woah!

I'm so happy you have the best hubby evah! And YAY, YAY, YAY 24 weeks!!

love, Melissa

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell R to get you a bottle of Ariel non-alcoholic chardonnay. My personal fave. Twenty four weeks. Ahhhhhhhhh.

10:35 PM  
Blogger davispigeon said...

Six months! Woohoo! Grow, baby, grow!
love you, H.
Bel

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home