Monday, November 28, 2005

Welcome to the land of ahhhhhhhhhhs.

Happy Thanksgiving, hey, better late than never.

So here's the skinny on life with TaTa. It's been biz-E.

Weekend before Turkey Day, went to Tejas to visit the family and friends. Got to celebrate a birthday with dear T. Got to meet little E. Sweet beautiful baby boy. Looks like his Daddy just spit him out. Which translates to: he looks just like his father. His mother is my dear friend S. Our babies were due just weeks apart. She has been an amazing friend through my loss and I know it's been hard on her as her belly grew and she went on to have E. While it's been hard on me too...it's also been ok. Holding him and loving him was a mix of emotion but I have to say it wasn't as painful as I thought it might be. I held it together and honestly it was just a big love fest and I could hardly put him down. I think my family going nuts over him was a little harder to take. I didn't blame them, as he is too cute NOT to be gaga over. But it was tough...this was the week R & I planned on bringing our babies home to meet everyone. So it's hard to not think of the could haves and should haves. I try to keep those thoughts in check as it is not fair to me, to R and even to Tess and Oliver. They aren't here. They won't ever be. I have to let them go to be the perfect little ones they were for the moment they were here.

We also spent time with my nieces the three M's...two K's have been added to the estrogen in my sister's house. FIVE girls. From 7-12. All stunningly beautiful and funny. I can sum it up in one word. Trouble. Thankfully that will be my sister's trouble. I get to spoil them and send them home! The ahhhhhhs of being TaTa.

Thanksgiving at "Inspiration Peaks" in the Catskills.
whoa. I laughed that our holiday house had a name. Until I got there. I still laughed but it was inspiring 4 sho. Beautiful views of the Ashokan Reservoir. AND there was snow. Lots of it. EVERYWHERE. A flippin' winter wonderland. R and I drove up with Miss S. M&L and lil'JJ were there when we arrived. (NO traffic, btw. ahhhhhh.) We spent the weekend eating, drinking, hot tubbing and sledding...or sledging as our lovely English friends call it. Sledging! Sledding! ahhhhhh. Hot Tubbing while it snows! ahhhhhh. Eating good food with good friends! ahhhhhh. Drinking with good friends! ahhhhhh. 1000 piece puzzle that gets finished in a weekend and We. Had. Every. Piece. ahhhhhh.

The day we left Inspiration Point I moaned to lil'JJ, "What am I going to do when I wake up tomorrow and you're not there?" Without missing a beat he replied, "TaTa I will come to Brook-a-lyn and play at your house and you can come to New York and play at my house." Such an easy fix. If only we could all think like a 3 year old. ahhhhhh. No doubt.

No traffic coming home on SUNDAY AFTER THANKSGIVING!!!???!!! Not sure where all the New Yokers were exactly. I can't say that I cared. ahhhhhh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice, cozy place you got here :)..

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home