Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Mummy Love.

I have so much to talk about! But also so much to do! I start back to work tomorrow. siiiiiiiiiigh. Where have the last 12 weeks gone? I've started writing down Davis' birth story...it's coming soon. She's been really sick this past week. RSV has kicked Mommy and Daddy's ass. Thankfully the home breathing treatments worked and she did not have to be hospitalized. That would not have been fun. No, not fun at all.
She is on the mend now and more smiley than ever.

We were supposed to spend my last 12 days of maternity leave at our place upstate hanging out amongst the fall leaves but little butterfly's illness required us to be close to good medical care. So back to Brooklyn we came. We also had to miss a Halloween costume party yesterday because she can't really be around other germ toting toddlers. We debated for a moment just blowing off our costumes, but then I had flashes of Davis asking, "Hey Mom, why didn't I have a costume my first Halloween?" and my response of "Yes, you had a costume, you were a vacation ruiner that year." Well, that felt kind of sad. Though there were loads of things that needed to be done, desperately needed to be done...R and I spent a whole evening dying cheese cloth for our costumes that we were wearing forapicture. But it was pretty damn cute if I say so myself.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Sorry DL has been sick, sorry you're going back to work tomorrow. But y'all are the most fetching mummy family I've ever seen.

12 weeks...so that means she's uh, what...3 months old already?!

Uh-mazing.

8:28 PM  
Blogger davispigeon said...

LOL, I love you guys! So glad the lil butterfly is doing better.
xoxo
Bel

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great picture! Happy Halloween -- DrGreene (of the RSV link).

6:27 PM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

Great picture, very cute indeed!

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog and had to comment as we have SOOOO much in common. I'm Debbie and I'm 36, my dh and I tried for #1 for 3 years before we finally had to do IVF in 2004 and got pg with b/g twins...we were thrilled, but lost them at 20w3d due to incompetent cervix. Emma and Andrew were perfect but just too small, 10oz each and 11 (yeah, eleven) inches long. That was by far the hardest and most painful time in my entire life, and anytime I hear of someone else losing a baby, I shudder at the pain they must be enduring. In 2005 we did an FET and got pg again with just one baby and got a cerclage put in at 12 weeks....was on couch rest at home til 24 weeks, when cervix started to shorten, had to move to the hospital and endure 11 (Yeah, eleven!) weeks of hospital bedrest and magnesium sulfate the entire time, but in the end (at 34weeks) we got a healthy, but small (4lb 14oz) beautiful baby boy. He is now 15 months old and is the light of our lives! As I'm sure Davis is of yours! She's beautiful by the way! Anyway, just had to comment because of all the similarities in our stories. Wish you the best!!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home